Ever have one of those days? A day that you just feel like you can’t get a handle on ANYTHING?!?! A day where nothing you do seems to be going the way you planned or hoped? I mean we have 12 kids and 3 dogs, things ‘normally’ don’t go how I plan, but then there are some days that are just cray-cray! Today was one of those days for me.
Yesterday, I had an AMAZING day, like the kind you’d be tempted to brag about on Facebook. You know the day where all the kids followed their schedule, the house was kept up, school was done well, I paid the bills, and managed to have supper on the table on time. Today, came and tried to steal my joy over yesterday. Today, I woke up later than I needed to in order to have a head start on the kiddos. We made it to Bible study on time, but I was just out of sorts, no good reason just emotionally out of sorts. I got home to find the that the dog had gotten hurt and needed to be taken to the vet. My husband was working a late night, kids were fussy, and I was just fried for lack of a better term. What changed from yesterday to today? Yesterday, I was Pinterest mom, today I wanted to be ‘curled up on the couch’ mom.
The truth is nothing changed, life just happened. There are some days that you want to share with everyone and other days you want to forget. But God gives us ALL we need in Him. We can delight ourselves in Him, who He is, and His goodness; He is enough. I want to share with you some things I love and appreciate about God and some of the things I have to remind myself of on those less than Pinterest or Facebook worthy days.
- God is He is consistent. Hebrews 13:8 says, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. He isn’t effected by ‘life’ the way that I am. He knows what is to come and He has it covered.
- He is available to help! Psalms 46 :1 says, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
- He is good. Psalms 119:68, “You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.”
- We are going to have tough days, and life will have its struggles. John 16:33, “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- He loves me no matter what type of day I have had or am having. His love is not conditional and His mercy is new every morning.
Jeremiah 31:3,” the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”
Lamentations 3:22-23, “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
I said all that to say, you are loved, your value could never be summed up in a good or bad day, God has got you, delight yourself in Him- on the good days, or the bad. You are a child of the King.