My God deserves the unreserved trust – of my heart. Because His Word consistently proves loyal, it’s truth continually checks trustworthy.
Who else is committed to answer every time I call? And who but God, can handle my cares, prayers and still always be there?
God gave every page, for every need – gifts of grace, hope and strength to build our faith. . .
- If you need courage, remember God’s Word in Joshua. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9 NKJ).
- If you are called as a mouthpiece for the Kingdom, but feel inadequate – hear God’s Word to Moses. “Then the Lord asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth?…Is it not I, the Lord? Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say” (Exodus 4:11-12 NLT).
- If your mission is misunderstood, even by those close to you – remember Jesus himself was not received by His own. “He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him” (John 1:11 NKJV).
- If you are desperate and the desert air has made you dry – recall God’s provision for one poor widow in a drought. “The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah” (1 Kings 17:16 NKJV).
- If you are tired, wiped weary and wrung out of strength – claim God’s Word to rise up with renewed strength. “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount UP with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31 NKJV).
- If you struggle with letting go of regrets and remorse. Declare God’s Word has the final verdict. And remember, God can even redeem time! “The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost..” (Joel 2:25 NLT).
- And the NKJV says: “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…”
- Finally, if your past keeps coming up, pulling you down – take heed to Isaiah’s command to forget the former things. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland” (Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV).
May His Word be where you turn, His truth be what you trust and His promises held as your very own.